The Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) is a gathering of the world’s leading gas producers aimed at representing and promoting their mutual interests.
The GECF was set up with the objective to increase the level of coordination and strengthen the collaboration between member countries. The forum also seeks to promote dialogue between gas producers and consumers.
The GECF has held nine ministerial meetings, the most recent in Doha, Qatar, on 9 December 2009.
The GECF exchanges views and information on the following:
• Worldwide gas development projects
• Gas supply and demand balance
• Gas exploration, production and transportation technologies, and the associated costs
• Ways and means of improving the share of gas in the energy mix as well as other utilizations of gas
• Kyoto Protocol and other international conventions and its impact on gas consumption