Eng.Tarek El Molla
Minister of Petroleum & Mineral Resources
Received his B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering Cairo University in 1986.
Joined Chevron (Egypt) in Jan. 1987.
Worked in different fields and held various positions in Engineering, Operations, Planning, Sales and Marketing.
• In1998, he became Sales Manager and Member of the Board of Directors of Chevron Egypt S.A.E.
• During the period from 2002 till 2008, he got several Chevron assignments and managed projects in Dubai,
Kenya & Singapore.
• In 2008 he became Managing Director–Marketing of Chevron Egypt.
From 2008 till end of 2010, he moved to Chevron South Africa, held the position of Regional Manager in charge of South & Central Africa’s Commercial & Industrial Business.
In Jan. 2011,he joined EGPC as the Deputy CEO for Foreign Trade. During this period of time ( 2011 –2013 ); he also was assigned asDeputy CEO for both Internal Trade & Operations
He was appointedas EGPC’s CEO in Aug.2013.
On 19th Sept. 2015, he was appointed as Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources.
• On May 10, 2017, the French President awarded him the “Ordre National de la Legion D’Honneur” at the rank of Knight ,oneof the oldest French accolades, in recognition of his efforts indeveloping the Egyptian-French relations in Oil & Gas industry.
• On 14 June 2018, he was reappointed as Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources in Eng. Mostafa Madbouly new cabinet.