Dr. Eng.Hamdy El banby
• He was born on 4th of October 1935.
• He graduated from the Faculty of Engineering Petroleum section, Cairo University in 1958.
• He obtained the Petroleum Economies Engineering Diploma from Moscow University in 1960.
• He was trained in several countries centers and petroleum companies in the USA during his preparation for the PHD in 1961.
• He started working in 1963 as a production Engineer in the Eastern Petroleum Company for 3 years.
• He worked as a lecturer in the Faculty of Engineering- Al Azhar University in 1966.
• He worked for nine years in the Western Desert Petroleum Company (WEPCO) since 1968 and become Assistant to the Senior Engineer then a General Manager for the General Department of Operations.
• Appointed Chairman of the Gulf of Suez Petroleum Company (GUPCO) in 1977 for 11 years.
• Appointed as the Chairman of the EGPC for 3 years in 1988.
• Appointed Minister of Petroleum in 1991.
• He was the first to promote the use of Natural Gas as a fuel for vehicles and the expansion of the natural gas network for Houses and its use for air conditioning.
Chemist/Abd EL Hady Kandil
• He was born on the 2nd of March 1935 in Elzarka Damietta governorate, graduated from the Faculty of science-Ain Shams University in 1956.
• Started his career as a chemist in the Petroleum Pipelines Company.
• Worked as a head of the Quality Control Department in the EGPC.
• Appointed Head of the Refining Economics and Programs Department in the EGPC in 1964.
• Joined the Petroleum Institute in Milano, Italy and graduated from it in 1964.
• Appointed as Operations Manager in The Petroleum Corporation as a result of his fruitful efforts in facing the petroleum famine during 1967 war.
• He was appointed as Processing and Refining Section Manager in the Petroleum Corporation in 1971 which was transformed to a Petroleum General Corporation then he was appointed as Deputy Manager of the Corporation for processing and Refining Affairs in March 1973.
• He was appointed as Deputy Chairman and Board Member of the Petroleum Corporation for operations on 23rd of June 1976.
• He joined Nasser High Military Academy and succeeded in the 3rd program in the Faculty of National Defense in April 1975.
• He was appointed as the Egyptian Deputy in the Board of Directors of the Arab Maritime Petroleum Transport Company one of the companies of the Organization of the Arab Petroleum Exporting Countries OAPEC, and he was also appointed as member of the Directors of the National Investment Bank, then Chairman of the Petroleum Research Council and member of the Board of the Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University.
• He was appointed as Chairman of the Petroleum Corporation in October 1980 and kept his position after he was appointed Minister of Petroleum in 1984 till May 1991.
Eng. Ahmed Ezz Eldin Helal
• He started his career in the petroleum industry as a chemical Engineer in the Egyptian British Oil Wells Company (currently Al Nasser petroleum) in 1946, and then he was appointed as the Manager of the Refinery of the company in 1960.
• Worked in Sell Company when it was owned and operated by the foreigners, then he worked at the same company under the ownership of the public sector.
• He took part in the Petroleum Industry Egyptionizing Operation.
• Appointed as Deputy General Manager of the General Petroleum Corporation for refining in February 1964, then he was appointed as General Manager of the corporation in August 1968,afterwards become chairman of the petroleum corporation on the 4th of October 1971.
• He joined Nasser High Military Academy which qualified him to set a full plan to secure Egypt's needs of petroleum during the war of October 1973 and after it.
• He took charge of the first independent ministry of petroleum in Egypt in March 1973 till the year 1984, during this period mining was merged with petroleum in the same ministry.
• He played a major role in planning the use of petroleum as a weapon during October 1973 war on the Arab level and the domestic one.
• He was appointed as the deputy prime minister for production and minister of petroleum in 1981.
• He was granted the Nile badge of honor by H.E. President Mubarak as a result of his efforts in serving his country.
Engineer /Amin Sameh Samir Fahmy
Member of Shoura Assembly of Suez Governorate
Member of the Arab Lawyers Union Arbitration Center
• Born in Cairo on the 14th of August 1949
• Graduated from the Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University Chemical Engineering Department in June 1973.
• Appointed as projects Economies Expert at the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC) in November 1987.
• Appointed as Planning General Manager at the EGPC in November 1988.
• Obtained the fellowship of the faculty of National Defense from Nasser Higher Military Academy (NHMA) in December 1988.
• Vice - Chairman of the EGPC for projects and planning in May 1993.
• Appointed as Chairman of MIDTAP and vice-Chairman of MIDOR in January 1997.
• Appointed as the Petroleum Minister in October 1999.
Main International Contributions:
• Appointed as Chairman of the Gas Exporting Countries Ministers' Summit in 2004.
• Chairman of the Arab Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OAPEC) in 1999.
Main Societies and Committees:
• Honorary Chairman of The chemical Engineering Society.
• The Fellowship of the Egyptian Society of Engineers.
• Chairman of the Committee of Chemical Engineers in the Egyptian Syndicate of Engineers.
• Chairman of the Petroleum Committee in the American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt.
• Honorary chairman of the Alexandria General Free Zone Investors Society.
Member of the Following Associations, Permanent Committees and Boards of Directors:
• Faculty of Engineering Council, Cairo University.
• Chamber of Petroleum and Mining at the Federation of Egyptian Industries.
• Specialized National Councils at the Egyptian presidency.
• International Energy Council.
• Industry and Energy Committee at the National Democratic Party (NDP).
• The Joint Committee of General Investment Corporation.
• The National Natural Gas Committee.
• The Egyptian Gas Association.
• The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE).
• The Egyptian Petroleum Association.
Engineer / Mahmoud Latif Mahmoud Amer
• Born in Cairo on 3 July 1951.
• In 1974, graduated from the Faculty of Engineering, Petroleum Department, Cairo University.
• Occupied several positions at Gulf of Suez Petroleum Company (GUPCO) where he started as Petroleum Reservoir Engineer in 1974 until he gradually reached the position of General Manager of Engineering Affairs in 1994.
• In 1995, joined Khalda Petroleum Company in the position of Deputy Operations General Manager and Board of Directors’ Member until 1998 when he was appointed as the Chairman’s Assistant and Deputy General Manager for Operations and Board of Directors’ Member.
• In 1999, occupied the position of Vice Chairman for Natural Gas at the Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).
• He has Led many Petroleum Companies where he became:-
• In 2001, occupied the position of Chairman of the Board of Directors and Managing Director of the Egyptian Natural Gas Company (GASCO).
• In 2003, occupied the position of Chairman of the Board of Directors of the General Petroleum Company (GPC).
• In 2003, appointed the position of Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Tharwa Petroleum Company.
• On 8 February 2007, occupied the position of Chairman of the Board of Directors and Managing Director of Badr El Din Petroleum Company (Bapetco).
• In September 2007, was appointed Chairman of the Egyptian Natural Gas Holding Company (EGAS).
• He represented Egypt in many international Conferences in USA, Europe, Arab Gulf countries and Egypt through presenting the published researches , leading the conferences meetings , participating in the committees in the field of petroleum engineering economies , evaluating oil and gas reserves, rationalizing the production methods and the engineering studies worldwide.
• He participated in exporting liquefied Egyptian gas committees to USA and Europe markets.
• He participated in making many reports and studies in the field of petroleum engineering which contributed in maximizing the oil reserves and production rates in many companies .
• He led the international petroleum engineering association ‘Egypt branch’ as he is a member in the Egyptian petroleum association.
• While he was the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the General Petroleum Company (GPC) El Hamad offshore oil field was discovered and was put on production plan in record time, which contributed to increasing oil reserves and thus, production .